Framework Pipe for Commercial, Industrial and
High Security Fencing Applications
PT 40 Superior Strength
PT 40 is manufactured utilizing our new state-of-the-art process that produces pipe that exceeds strict industry standards and easily outperforms Schedule 40 pipe in both strength, corrosion resistance and in-line galvanized pipe in salt spray tests.
Manufacturing Process – PT 40 is manufactured using hot rolled steel. A triple layer of OD corrosion protection consisting of a steel-adhered zinc bath, an intermediate conversion coat, and a clear vacuum sealed top coat is then added to provide the maximum in protection and durability. The ID is fully zinc coated prior to forming.
High Yield Strength 50,000 PSI Steel – and triple coat protection results in pipe that is lighter and outperforms Schedule 40 in strength and corrosion resistance. This unique process means that PT 40 is 37% stronger
and 21% lighter than Schedule 40 tubing.
- American Association of State Highway and Transportation Officials (AASHTO) M181 Grade 2
- ASTM Specification F1043, Group IC
- Department of the Navy
- Federal Aviation Administration, Item 162
- Federal Highway Administration (FHA)
- Federal specifications RR-F-191 / 2E and RR-F-191 / 3E
- U.S. Army Corps of Engineers UFGS-32 31 13
- U.S. Department of Justice — Federal Bureau of Prisons
Made in the U.S.A. – All PT 40 product is manufactured in the USA and is in compliance with federal,
state and local specifications. We meet Buy America(n) requirements.